June 15, 2014

June 5 - "When we die, we will go to England"

Things here this week have overall been going well. I had a pretty annoying cold the beginning of the week, and I'm almost over it now. I still feel tired and a little congested, but much better than before. I actually went to the health clinic that the MTC has because we at first were worried it might be strep. It wasn't, but they did take a good sized plug of wax out of my ear :P  I didn't even know it was there. :P As far as things happening this past week, there hasn't been too much, though we have had a few interesting language mess-ups. Both were in role-playing during class, not a lesson with our "investigators"/teachers. Both involved Sister Hill, haha, she has a gift for saying things wrong that still make sense in Korean. She was role-playing, and her investigator asked how to feel the Spirit, so she wanted to use Doctrine & Covenants 9:8. Her companion was a Korean, so Sis Hill had her flip to that scripture, but somehow Sis Hill ended up flipping it to Moroni 9:8. Um. That verse is talking about a war and terrible atrocities, and says
"And the husbands and fathers of those women and children they have slain; 
and they feed the women upon the flesh of their husbands, 
and the children upon the flesh of their fathers; 
and no water, save little, do they give unto them." 

So the teacher who was playing the investigator just starts to kind of laugh, and Sis Hill's companion is like, what did you just give him to read, that doesn't sound right! And Sis Hill hadn't caught on yet, and was just like, (nodding) "yeah." Hahhahaha. It was pretty great.  
 
The other was I was practicing teaching with Sis Hill, so she was my investigator, and I asked her where she thought people go after death, or what happens after death, and she wanted to say "We will go to heaven" but she ended up saying "we will go to England." It was pretty good stuff. 
 
Honestly, not too much has been happening beyond the usual. It's crazy that we have so little time left at the MTC! We are kind of freaking out about it. We really need to step it up and try hard to use our time wisely here, accomplish our goals, push ourselves, etc. so that we are ready to go to Korea. It's kind of scary :P I am excited though. It'll be great. I know I have a lot to work on, but I'm glad for this opportunity to learn and grow. I have already learned so much, but I have a looong ways to go! One of my favorite verses this week is Ether 12:27. 
 
27 And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
 
I know Christ will help me overcome my weaknesses as I come unto Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment