January 26, 2015

August 11, 2014

This past week wasn't too eventful. One day we had 3 appointments planned, but 2 got cancelled, so that was a bummer, but we have them rescheduled for this coming week :) Uh. Hm. .... OH! We did deep cleaning of our apartment this week. It was nasty! Our apartment is super old; missionaries have been living in it for 20+ years, and I don't think missionaries have cleaned it properly. When I arrived, there was a side room for storage, I guess, and it was FULL of trash! It was nasty! It looked like several transfers worth. So we had taken that out in waves (because trash you recycle in our apartment is only taken out once every week), and at the end of a transfer you do deep cleaning. It took us 3 or 4 hours, and some of our furniture LITERALLY changed color!!! And we cleaned our floor, also nasty. I was so tired after, but we both felt so good about our lives afterwards :P Haha.
There's still some left to do, but it is SO much better now :) yay. So I guess that was exciting. 

Hm. .... I'm getting kind of better at talking with people. Sort of :P Yesterday during church, I felt like I really understood the first speaker! Yay! But then the second I understood less. And the third, hardly anything. Haha, I think it depends on who is speaking and if they mumble or not or if they have an accent/dialect. Blah. 
A cathedral that reminded me of Europe
I've learned a lot this past transfer, but I still have plenty to learn. I'm painfully aware of that every day :P Haha. I want to smack myself in the head all the time for being such an idiot sometimes :P But I have this perfect opportunity to learn, so I'm doing as much as I can. I hope. :P It's hard to tell if there is more you could be doing, or if doing more will overwhelm you. 
There's a whole chicken in my soup. Thankfully it was yummy!
Something I forgot to mention last week, but was pretty cool, was there was a guy who came to our English class; he apparently comes sporadically and is kind of an "eternal investigator," because Sis. Sung knew him from before when she was in Suseong at the beginning of her mission. His English is pretty good, so I was working with him and some other "advanced" people, and he started asking me about how to find happiness, and God, and stuff like that. Talking with him was really interesting for me, because I could really see that he has really deep questions that he is really wanting answers to, I think he feels like he is missing something in his life. He came again this week, and this time Sis Sung was able to talk to him in Korean, and I think that really helped him. I just really enjoyed the experience because it is not often that people we talk to are really seeking anything, they just kind of have a lukewarm interest. And I could really feel the Spirit guiding me, because honestly, I'm only a 19 year old girl, and he's in his 40s or 50s and has such a different life, how am I supposed to help someone like that? Honestly, I can't. But the Lord knows that man's heart, and that definitely helped me to talk with him. 

Yummy stuff


So Yummy!
Anyways, the only other exciting thing this week was today! P-Day, and it was transfer meeting. There's always a meeting on that day for the missionaries who are moving to switch to their new companions and departing missionaries to meet at the mission house with the mission president. And anyone else who wants to go can, so we did! So we traveled to Busan early this morning. It was a really nice meeting. I really enjoyed hearing the testimonies of the departing missionaries, they have such a strong conviction and testimony about missionary work and God's love for all of His children. It was just really awesome to hear them speak, who are at the end of their missions, while I am at the beginning of mine. I learned a lot from them, and about things I want to be able to say I learned by the end of mine. BUT the cool thing was Sis Hill and Sis Stratton were both there!! 
Sisters Hill and Stratton
Yaaaaay! Sis Stratton is finally in Korea, she arrived last Wednesday, and she had a great time in Salt Lake. I think she definitely learned a lot. And it was great to see Sis Hill, and to be able to talk about our Korean experiences so far. It's great to be able to talk to someone who is at the same point in as me in their missions, because usually I'm around people who are just like "oh, you'll be fine. I remember those days, but you'll get over it". But we were able to mutually laugh about our Korean skills and stuff we've seen and done and eaten. We all talked together for awhile, and it was just wonderful to see them again. 

Pictures of Daegu


  ...and a crane


Korean Food...



Deoni, from the American Ward

No comments:

Post a Comment