April 5, 2015

February 9, 2015

I was really sad to learn this week that our family cat of 17 years, Meg, died :'( I will miss her, and it'll be strange to not have her at home anymore, but I'm sure the new cat, who they SO cleverly named Purrseus... will get along fine with Hershey eventually. :P sad.
Meg

Hershey
Purrseus
 Anyways. Things this week have been interesting.We were pretty busy. On Tuesday we had a LOT going on. For lunch, we ate with a ward member who is American, and she was soooo nice, I love her. So that was fun, but directly when that ended we had to rush to get a bus, because it comes infrequently and we had to ride for a really long time to get to our next appointment with a less active member who we have been working with. We were late to meeting her, which was stressful, but next time we will know where it is, so we won't get lost again :P It was out in the middle of nowhere, so it was hard to find. But meeting with her went really well, and she wants to study the Book of Mormon with us every week in English, so that'll be fun :) We then had to hurry to our next appointment... but because of the infrequency of buses and we perhaps started to go in the wrong direction, we were 30 minutes late. Dang it! But it was still a fairly good lesson.

Sister Erickson at the end of a long week :P Hahahahaa.
 Oh, and the fun thing of the day, when we took off our shoes for that lunch appointment, I broke my boot again :P Because I had glued it shut, I have been taking them off by placing my other foot on the heel of it and just pulling my foot out, but this time the heel ripped almost entirely off :P So as we ran around late all day it was just flopping around :P haha. ooops. And sooo, we bought super glue after all those appointments and before English class, but I apparently didn't learn my lesson last time :P I glued the heel back on just fine and so my boot is all good now (I think), but some dripped down the side, so I obviously decided to try to wipe it off with my fingers... So I accidentally glued my fingers together. Literally. Hahahaha. It was another face-palm moment. But I got them apart again, though I think some layers of skin from my forefinger got glued to my thumb. :P And I still have a little glue on my nail. Sigh. Hahahaha.

Sister Erickson and I
So anyways. We had an interesting Wednesday too. We had a district meeting, and right after it we had an appointment with an investigator I hadn't met with yet because she is really hard to get a hold of, because she just doesn't answer the phone, or doesn't show up to planned appointments. So we were really excited to meet her and catch up with her, so we went out to eat lunch together. In the past... she has apparently done weird things to avoid the "paying the bill" part of eating, like staying in the bathroom for 20 minutes. We were fine paying for her, but at the end of the meal, she asked to use our phone to call someone, deleted that number from our phone, and then said she had a friend who was outside that she wanted to talk to for 10 minutes, and told us to wait inside until then. .... I was suspicious at that point, but about 15 minutes later we just left and tried calling her, but she didn't answer. (insert much eye-rolling).
On Thursday we met with someone for my first and last time :P She was doing the 6 week 30/30 English program thing we do, and was on her last week, and she had absolutely NO interest in our message :P Haha. She asked if we could skip that part of the lesson :P Uhh... nooo. But she was interesting and I felt really bad for her though, because she is about 50 and didn't graduate from middle school, so she is trying to prepare for a test so she can graduate, and I could tell how uneducated she was. It was kind of sad. I hope she does well, and we told her she can come to English class for help if she needs. 
All the sisters in the Zone

On Sunday, we met with that woman whose husband died really recently, and we are trying to figure out how to help her. We asked her what she thinks about God, and she said basically "well, He created us, but he just lets us die. I don't like that" Soooo, we are trying to figure out what would be best for her. We had a nice little miracle getting to that appointment though. Before that appointment, we were at a member's house for dinner, and then left for our appointment, but there weren't many buses and the next one would come in 40 minutes... So we were kinda freaking out because we had to get to that appointment in about 20 minutes, so our only option was to find a taxi, but in that part of town there weren't many. So we were all internally praying (begging) for a taxi to show up, and it DID about 3 seconds later :P WOOO! Haha. That was such a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment