November 2, 2015

July 20, 2015

I'm glad to hear that everything is going relatively well with my family. It is weird that thinking of going home is starting... I won't get trunky :P I don't want to go home :P haha. But it will be great to spend Thanksgiving with family, I suppose.. :P
 
Anyways. It has been a great first week in Jeju! And that's not just because it is a tropical island :P Basically EVERYTHING is the opposite from Tongyeong, which is realllllllly what I needed. The members, my companion.... so so good. Well, we didn't meet any investigators this week because there are only 3 and most of the time they seem to ignore us :P So we are working on finding new people to meet with. Praying for miracles and all that.  

Sister ChoiYuJin and I


 Some things we did in Jeju this week...

Jeju has lots of humidity, palm trees, and these little stone dudes.
 

 
On Wednesday we had a district meeting, which is funny, because it is also a zone meeting, because there are only 6 missionaries here on Jeju, total. But they all work really hard and I'm excited to work with them :)
 
The Jeju Branch has several upcoming events and such, so we have been preparing stuff for that too. There will be a party in August, and also a project right now about having all the members read "The Power of Everyday Missionaries". So that is pretty cool. I met some members throughout the week, and they are all super great. Our Branch President is kind of eccentric (in a good way). He is just super funny. I'll attach a picture to show you :P
 
Saturday morning we woke up early to play soccor with some members, because that is a thing... I think it was the first time I've played soccor, ever, but it was really fun and I actually didn't do too badly, so now they think I'm super good at it, because they knew it was my first time :P On Saturday we also have a service activity, where we teach English to children who have rough family lives. I'll admit, I'm not a fan of teaching English :P but, it's all good.
 
Our branch president acting like an animal :P



 
Sunday we had a Branch Conference, so Pres. Barrow came, so it was cool to see him and his wife again. Church was just really good because the members are really awesome :)
Today we spent most of the day with the branch pres. and his wife, because they had the day off and wanted to have fun with us, so they drove us all around and showed us a lot of random places around Jeju. He insisted on stopping and taking pictures of us all over the place, so we took almost 200 pictures today :P But it was super pretty and fun!I think I'll leave it at that and just send you some select pictures :P
 
Something I forgot to mention, this transfer our mission is focusing on the Book of Mormon, and so everyday for these 6 weeks we have a reading schedule so that the entire mission will read the whole BoM together by the end of the 6 weeks. They gave us new copies of it, and as we read, we are marking certain things, all of which pertain to Christ, and it is just a really awesome project! I'm really excited to be doing it. I already really love the BoM, but this will be the first time I'll be reading it so FAST, and yeah... I'm just super excited about it. Learning lots, etc. :) 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment