November 2, 2015

July 27, 2015

I'm very glad to hear that my Mom had a good day, and I hope that continues :)
Anyways. This week was pretty good. And pretty HOT. Geez. You would think I was on a tropical island or something. So this past week we met with an investigator once. She has some definite mental issues, but she is really sweet. She thinks it is really funny that I can speak Korean :P 
 
This past week we met with members literally every day. On Tuesday we visited a woman, and the rest of the week was all lunch or dinner appointments that they invited us to. So this past week we ate a lot :P So many meal appointments has reminded me again of the Korean culture of not understanding how much space a guest's stomach has :P Some members are okay and don't try to kill us with their love, but others do :P At least it was all tasty food :) 
 
On Wednesday, we had a District Meeting in Seogwipo, the other side of the island. It was raining really hard that day :P And kind of windy, so... my skirt was really wet, despite having an umbrella :P so that was an adventure. 
 
On Saturday morning, we played soccer again :P We also had a service activity teaching English... ah. teaching English. I'll be honest, it has gotten REALLY old :P It doesn't help when the group of students seem to want to learn English as much as I want to teach it :P Bleh. But serving is great, so I won't complain :P....  We also did a mission prep class for some young adults in our branch, so that was cool. It is kind of fun to see people getting ready to go on a mission. 

Sunday church was good, nothing too crazy. Sis Choi YuJin and I taught gospel principles because the teacher who usually does it is on vacation. After church, there was a kind of "lunch" for people who stayed for a meeting. It was watermelon and slices of sandwich bread. The plain bread was the part that really got me, haha. In America, we don't really ever just eat bread like that, but it has happened to me several times in Korea. It is just funny. Unfortunately after that little "lunch" we had a lunch appointment with a member who overestimated our stomach sizes. We made pizzas (Korean style), so they were all varying sizes, but she tried to get the 4 of us to eat 8 or so pizzas and a bowl of noodle stuff. So much food. And they didn't have AC, so it was SUUUUUUUUUUUPER hot. It was just the kind of weather that makes you want to collapse on a couch and not move for several hours until it is not hot and sticky. Seeing as no couches were available, we just continued to eat.. :P 
 
After that, we went with the branch president to try to visit a less active member, but she wasn't home, so we went to his mom's house, who is also a less active and attends the Jehovah's Witness church :P This was an interesting visit because her house, for one thing, is suuuuuper small. Imagine your bedroom (not including the bathroom part), and that is her house... actually your room would be bigger... So anyways, as we were approaching her house, we saw her through the open window definitely not wearing a shirt/top of ANY kind. Awkward awkward awkward. I saw too much. So yeah. But she put a shirt on by the time we got inside. I had no idea what was going on for most of the time, largely because Korean is 1: HARD. 2: different on Jeju. There is a crazy dialect here that usually only old people use a lot, and even native Koreans have a hard time understanding it if they are not from Jeju. Well, it's not so much of a 'hard time' as even they, too, flat out cannot understand :P So I think that was what was going on, because usually I can catch a bit of what people say in Korean, but I was clueless there :P 
 
So anyways. Today we went to a "Trick Eye Museum". It was overpriced in my opinion, but it was fun. I'll send some pictures. After that I got a haircut. Probably 3 or 4 inches. Yay. I think the lady cutting my hair was a bit bewildered by it though. Foreigner hair is a lot finer AND mine is curly :P So anyways. Nothing much going on... We reeeaaally need to find new people to meet with, but so far don't have much :P But that's okay. We are trying :P 
So yeah. I hope you all have a great week!!! <3 <3









 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment