August 17, 2015

April 20, 2015

This last week was the last of the transfer, and for the first time since being with my trainer, NOTHING HAPPENED!! Haha. So Sis Hurley and I are still together in Shinjeong! Fun fun. I guess we haven't learned our lessons yet, haha. So that'll be fun, and it is good too, because we have had so many miracles lately and have had so much going on.
Overall, this week has been pretty normal. We met people, did stuff, etc. Haha. Sorry, my head hurts right now and I'm tired, soo...
 
 The most eventful things I guess though was that we met with a new-ish investigator with that Swiss member... It was... good. But also, she talked a lot. So. We didn't get to teach her like anything all week, so that was annoying. It's actually rather frustrating, because we are supposed to be teaching, but haven't been able to 'cuz we can't get a word in. So anyways. 
 
There was this less active that we had been working with every week, but now we can't meet her anymore :( She has depression, and she said her mom doesn't like that she meets with us and such so much... SO :'(
But we met another member who is kind of less active, but her mom has interest, so hopefully something will work out with that.
 
On Sunday, we had probably one of the most frustrating lessons I've ever had. It was with this looong time investigator who I had met a few times, and it was the first time for Sis Hurley. But the last time we met it was strange (she was the one who brought up Unicity, or whatever), and she brought that up again, and was basically bagging on our church and the Book of Mormon. We would try to answer her, but she wouldn't listen, wouldn't believe us, or wouldn't let us get a word in. She kept interupting and even though we HAD ANSWERS to what she was going on about, she wasn't letting us deliver it, and if we did, she was like "no". ... So we had to call the Elders in for help, because two foreigners can not talk like that with a Korean. So, that lesson ended up being almost 3 hours, and well... even when a Korean explained things to her, she didn't listen to us. It was really sad. And well, we won't meet with her anymore. Her heart was just not open, she wouldn't even try to think about what we said. So. :(
 
Today we went down to Busan for the transfer meeting to see everyone. It was so fun! I love transfer meetings, and it was super great. Sis Hill is going to be in the same zone as me!! :) I'm so excited about that! She's so fun. 
 
So anyways. I love you all, you're all awesome, and I'm learning lots... there's so much I could write about, but to be brief, I was thinking about that story in the Bible where there's people donating money to the temple's treasury or whatever, and these rich guys throw in huge amounts, and then there's this one poor woman who can only cast in a small few coins, or whatever. 
I was thinking of that in terms of missionary work (and life), I want to be like that woman. Because sometimes you look around and you see missionaries who are SO GOOD, they teach so well, speak Korean so well, train a billion new missionaries and whatever else. And that can be discouraging if you compare it to that amount, but I have learned that what matters is that I cast in all that I possibly can, like that woman. What I have to contribute is different than that of others, so you can't compare it to others, but you just have to be sure that you are giving all that you have. If that makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment