August 17, 2015

April 27, 2015

This past week was fairly good, we had some times where we had tooooo much time, but we also had a fair number of appointments. However, on Wednesday I got pretty sick. I don't think it was a cold, but just some sort of virus. Tuesday night I didn't feel too good, and Wednesday morning I woke up and wasn't good either :P I took some medicine and Sis Hurley told me to sleep some more, even though that is usually not allowed. That helped a bit, and we still proceeded to go to an appointment, but after that appointment I felt AWFUL. Body aches and I had a fever, so we called Sis Barrow and she told me I could sleep for a bit, but we had to cancel an appointment. 
So that was no fun, but I slept for about an hour, and after felt relatively better. So we went out to proselyte :P Which was maybe not the best idea, but we had lots of miracles!! On the way there, we ran into this guy who stopped us and said he had been to Hawaii and seen the BYU there and the temple and such, and that he had a Mormon friend who had given him a Book of Mormon a long time ago. He wanted to meet, and we did the next day! It was way awesome. We met with the Elders, and he just wanted to know all about our church and what we believe, and such. Which NEVER. HAPPENS. First time on my mission, ladies and gentleman. So we hope he will continue to meet with us and be interested. 



So anyways. Back to Wednesday, we were only out for like an hour and 1/2 or so, but we met some other really nice people, though for English. After that, I was sooooo exhausted and felt worse than before, so we went home and collapsed on bed for awhile. We got permission for me to go to bed early because I had a 100 degree temperature :P But in the morning I felt much better!!! Yay.
Not too happy about hitting my 1 year mark
On Friday we had a district meeting, and it was fun because it was with all the new people, and one of them is a little trainee :P haha. He's from America, so it reminded me of my first week in Korea. I had no idea what in the world was going on :P But GUESS WHAT?! I hit my year mark this last week! April 23rd, I went to the MTC a year ago! CRAZINESS! Time flies so fast! So I did some reflecting on the last year, and there are basically no words :P So much has happened, and I've learned so much. Basically, I'm so grateful for my mission. A mission is so weird... happy, sad, fun, boring, awful, great, so much! And I wouldn't trade these experiences for anything, because I've learned (and am learning) so much, and I feel so much more better/happier. I can't even describe it. Even though it is exhausting and hard sometimes, I don't want to go home. :P I'm glad I have 6 more months, but I know they will fly by fast. So I'm trying to work my hardest and do everything that I can. 
That time we crashed a 1-year-old's birthday party
Anyways. Weird story for the week: we crashed a 1 year old's birthday party at a super expensive ($50 per person) buffet. The parents of the 1 year old used to live in Ulsan, but moved. But they came back for the party because of family, or something. So anyways, us missionaries were not originally invited, but a member who planned to go suddenly couldn't, and wanted us to drop off their gift, sooo, all 6 of us did. And they told us to stay and eat. And it was possibly the most awkward meal I have ever eaten. We had no idea who any of those people were. BUT. The food was really good! Haha. Sis Hurley describes a mission as "one big awkward moment", and at that moment, it was definitely true. :P 
Besides that, nothing much else to report. I did think a lot about what you said about service, and though I didn't do it every day (probs forgot), I did have it in the back of my mind, and I think it's a really good thing to keep there, so I'm going to keep trying to pray for opportunities to serve. I think some did come up, and so that was cool. We helped a member make a scripture case, and so that was cool. 
Today, even though it was Pday, we met a lady who we had met on a bus. She just wanted to feed us, so we went to her house and ate lots :P so now we are full :P
Anyways. That about sums it all up.

No comments:

Post a Comment