August 10, 2015

March 9, 2015

This week has been crazy, and crazy good, and weird :P Haha. The usual, I suppose. Last week was the last week of the transfer, and once again I have a new companion :P Haha. I'm with Sister Hurley now, who is a transfer younger than I am. So we met at the MTC, she was coming in as I was going out. So this should be way fun! My last week with Sis Erickson was really good, we had a lot to do and it was just fun. I really liked serving with her, we got along super well. So, we met with that one investigator who likes to ask interesting questions about spirits :P This time it was "when I am a spirit, will I be able to see color???" uuuuh. Gee, I don't know. I assume so :P Haha. But we have been having some good lessons with her, so I hope things will continue to go well.
Saying Goodbye to Sister Erickson

Hello, Sister Hurley

Wednesday was really CRAZY but good. I shall call it the Day of the Taxis, because we hsad to take sooo many to get to all our appointments on time. In the morning we had our last District Meeting of the transfer and took a cheesy auto-timer picture (the usual), 
and had to hurry (by taxi) to an appointment with an English class member to make Mandu (?) which is basically a dumpling/pot sticker thingy. It is way yummy, and she taught us how to make it. It was so fun! I'll have to make some when I get home, if I can find everything. Simple enough, I suppose.. 
Anyways. After that we went to an investigator's office. She is the one we wandered around for 2 hours trying to find last week, but this time we had the name of the place, so we found it really easily. She has been ignoring our calls and texts all transfer, so we were just wanting to catch up with her and see if she was interested in meeting with us anymore. It was my first time meeting her, and she was way nice, but essentially doesn't want to meet anymore, which was sad, because she had so much potential. She used to attend church all the time and almost got baptized, and really seemed to understand well and had all these great experiences (from what I heard about her), but she is now "too busy". It's an excuse, really, but she seemed to know that it was wrong. We shared a short message to her about God's love for her no matter what, and so we had her read this short article passage, and right after reading it she just said something like "But, isn't it also true that if I don't do what I should, God will punish me?" Uhh... I don't know how she jumped from love to punishment, but, we explained it to her and answered some other questions she had (sounded like justifications for not meeting). It was just sad, because she had been SO CLOSE to becoming more happy and such, but... she is choosing not to.

Anyways. Right after her, we went to visit the Swiss/Korean member and her mom in the hospital. It was nice to visit them really fast and talk. The parents really like hymns, so we sang one to them before leaving. In the same room was about 5 other patients, so it was a little awks, but it was also really fun. I felt the Spirit, and just happy. And we gave them all cookies (gotta reward them for listening to our awful singing, right? haha), so that was fun. And then after that we had an appointment with the Priedeman family. They are so nice. It was a good way to end a busy day :P But we were really full :P
Thursday was transfer call day, and we were both fairly sure Sis Erickson would leave, so she had already started packing. Haha.. Sis Erickson is a screamer, so it was so funny. She was on pins and needles waiting for the phone call, and at one point Sis Priedeman called us to ask about something, so when it rang, she screamed. I was like "Shh!! It's just sis Priedeman!!" Haha. And then later after we had finished planning, Sis Erickson was so worked up she turned on some music, so I wanted to make sure the volume of the phone was up, which apparently makes the phone ring again, haha, so she screamed some more. Hahha. As I was trying to explain that it was an accident, the phone ACTUALLY rang, and a LOT of screaming insued, haha. I had to tell her to be quiet so I could answer the phone, haha. So COOL STORY. Sis Erickson is going to go to Suseong!!!!! Suseong has had no sisters since I left there, so she is reopening the area with a Korean companion. I'm so excited for her! She is going to do great, and I was able to fill her in on the area and people we had last been working with. So cool, so fun. :) I'm sure she'll do a great job.
The rest of the week was also busy and such, but less interesting, I think. Eh. I'm actually just too lazy to write about it. But anyways. I'm with Sis Hurley now and I am excited to serve with her! It should be great. :) I'm learning lots and I love it. :D





No comments:

Post a Comment