September 22, 2015

July 6, 2015

This past week was well... interesting :P Sis Kang often has had stomach pain the whole time we've been together (and throughout her mission, really), and I just figured she had an allergy or something, sensitive stomach or whatnot. Buuut. It turns out not? Haha.. On Tuesday we went to service and ate there, and afterwards Sis Kang wasn't in too good of a mood, and we went home and she just collapsed on her bed. And I was like... Uh? Don't we have places to be? But it turns out her stomach was hurting her really bad, and so I suggested we meet up with the Elders and they could give her a blessing. It took a long time for us to get out the door (because she wouldn't talk to me), but we eventually got to the church, and the elders gave her a blessing, and then she laid down and wouldn't respond... She did get up a couple times to run to the bathroom, I think she threw up and stuff. So, we let her rest and made a street board for English class, which took several hours. That evening we had a meal appointment planned with a member, which we went to, which I'm not sure was a good idea. Because members like to make us eat a lot :P 
 
So yeah. Then Wednesday morning we had interviews with the mission president. That was really good. Pres. Barrow knows that I've been having a hard time, and he was able to just encourage and such. After interviews, we went to the hospital and got Sis Kang some medicine, and she seemed to be doing better in general on Wednesday. Buuut. We had to eat an unfortunate amount that day, because we ate a pretty big lunch with a less active, and not too long after, dinner with an English class member... So that evening Sis Kang really wasn't feeling good, and threw up. She wouldn't talk to me either, so I had no idea what to do or how badly she was hurting, what she needed, etc. So Thursday was an super awful day for me because she literally did not talk to me ALL DAY. She just laid in bed, and I tried asking what was wrong, what she needed, how badly she hurt, but she didn't respond, which was SUPER frustrating! I was super worried. We stayed inside for most of the day, and had to cancel appointments. 
 
Throughout the day I stayed in contact with Sis Barrow, who gave me advice for what to do, because Sis Kang wouldn't take the medicine we had gotten on Wednesday... At some point during that day though, she got up and got ready, and without a word started for the door, so I was like, "okay.. guess we are leaving now" Turns out we had another meal appointment with another member and the elders that she hadn't mentioned. And it was a big meal which was super bad. After that appointment, we went to English class. She was in a lot of pain, I think, but she eventually did talk to me, so that was good, but she wasn't happy with me because I had contacted Sis Barrow without informing her, because we are supposed to (it's a rule). Whatever. I super needed help, so I didn't feel bad for "breaking rules". I don't blame her for being irritable, because of pain :P 
 
Friday was a lot better, because she wasn't mad at me anymore and she was talking to me. She said she was hurting and the medicine she had been taking wasn't helping, so we went back to the hospital and they did an endoscope, and said she has esophagitis or gastritis or something. So she got some new medicine, and we spent all day at home. It seemed to be helping though, because she was a lot happier. Our relationship is so confusing to me :P Sometimes we get along really really well, and sometimes... I just don't know :P 
 
On Saturday, she was better enough for us to go out. So we had 2 English classes and some other stuff. It was a good day. Yesterday, Sunday, she was hurting again, but we went to church, and after it she rested for basically the whole day again. But it was okay. After Thursday, our relationship was really good, so I didn't mind being at home so much. As long as she is happy, I'm all good :P So all week, we were basically able to meet no one. But with all that time at home, I tried to be as productive as possible. I did a lot of cleaning, haha. Our apartment is SO CLEAN now. The fridge, floors, doors, cupboards... so clean. Haha. I also rearranged our desks and bed space. 
 
Soooo. Yeah. That happened. This coming week is the last of the transfer, and I have no idea what will happen. Sis Kang and I might stay together for another, but because we go home at the same time, one of us might transfer. It is kind of weird for two older missionaries to be together. But who knows. Something I am learning from my complex relationship with Sis Kang is to just enjoy the good moments as much as possible, and love someone no matter what. I would definitely never marry someone like her (haha) but I've come to love her in such a way that even when she is irritable, I just let it slide and be patient. Holding bitter feelings about the things she does would do no good, so it is much easier to just forgive and love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment