September 15, 2015

May 18, 2015

This past week was actually pretty rough for us... EVERY SINGLE APPOINTMENT got cancelled, either by us or them. So we had to get creative with how to use our time.

On Tuesday though, we went to a concert! The BYU Wind Symphony has been touring in Korea, and they came to Busan, and the missionaries were allowed to go if they brought an investigator with them, so we found someone who was willing to go with us. Yay! It was really fun, and I loved it, but the concert started at 8, and ended a bit before 10, but we got permission to stay out that late. And we got to stay the night in Busan in the mission home, so that was cool. It was  kind of awkward for our investigator, because she had to ride a bus full of members back to Ulsan, and she doesn't like meeting people :P But it worked out okay. And for the first time in 10 months I got to sleep in A BED!!! It was so comfortable :P I had forgotten :P 
 
Sleeping over in Busan was really convinient because we had a Zone Conference the next day at 10am. It was really good! Our topic was about the Sacrament, and it was way good! I learned so much about it, and I definitely want to try to take it more seriously. Taking the Sacrament is so awesome, it's a great blessing we have to kind of recommit and start again for the coming week to do better and remember Christ more. The morning session of our conference was actually a hike! So for the first time in my life I climbed to the top of a mountain! It wasn't a huge mountain, but I was still excited about that, because, well... KANSAS. 
 

Along the way we would take a break and someone would give a short talk about the Sacrament. I loved it! On the way down, me and Sis Hurley and some elders almost got lost, because we were going down faster than some others and went down the wrong path... :P But we found it again! We had a delicious lunch, changed, and had more talks during the afternoon session. It ended around 4:45, and so any appointments we normally had on Wednesday had to be cancelled. We didn't get home until around 7 because of the bus time and such. 
 
On Thursday, we had service in the morning, and we had 2 appointments planned, but both cancelled for one reason or the other. One was on vacation on Jeju (an island), but because of rain, wasn't able to come back as she planned... SO. We spent the day making a survey for proselyting, finding less active houses, and proselyting with our new survey :P The survey actually worked pretty well. Starting up a religious conversation in Korea is kind of rough (usually because they run away from us screaming, haha), but we were able to talk to quite a few people and give out a number of pamphlets. We did it also on Saturday, and were able to give out some Book of Mormons too. Yaaay! 
 
On Friday we usually had an appointment with the Taekwondo lady, but she cancelled too :( So we did more less active finding. Though we did have a lunch appointment of sorts... We had met a lady on the street, and she thought we were cute and whatever, so she wanted to feed us Korean food, so she invited us over, but she has no interest, and neither did her friends that she invited :P Korean culture is such that I guess it's normal to invite random people over for food. So that happened. 
 
On Saturday, we had a regularly scheduled appointment with this on girl who was SO awesome, I loved teaching her, but she dropped us... :'( We only met her 3 times, and she was really interested in our message, but she texted us saying that some sort of "personal matter" came up, and she can't meet for the time being... Which in Korean politeness basically means she doesn't want to meet anymore. So we were really bummed about that. 
 
Soooo.... between nothing going on all week and Sis Hurley being sick, this week was rough.
But today was fun! Despite it raining, we went with some of the elders to a Buddhist temple. It was the one I already went to before with Sis Erickson, but it was still cool, because it was decked out with a bunch of lanterns, because Buddha's birthday is next week. It's a pretty big holiday, I hear. You should look it up online, because there are festivals with these lantern things and stuff that you can light from the inside. 
 

Anyways. soo.. I'm a clutz, apparently, because on the way back, we had arrived at our stop to get off the bus, and I think the step must have been wet, because I fell, quite... elequently ;) I was holding on with my right hand to a rail, so it wasn't too bad, but I slipped, my shoe fell off and I slammed by elbow/forearm area on the step, and hit Sis Hurley's leg with my foot. So my elbow hurts :P Haha. oh well. That's about it. We are hoping this coming week is much better :P
 

No comments:

Post a Comment