September 22, 2015

June 1, 2015

Well, this past week was pretty crazy. It was the last week of the transfer, and so today is the first day of my 9th transfer (of 12), and I am no longer in Shinjeong! :( I really love Shinjeong, it is a really good area with lots of good members, and we had SOOO many good investigators with actual interest, so I'm sad to leave all that, but I'm excited to serve in a new area. now I am with Sis Kang Da Hyeon, and we have 2 areas, Geoje and Tongyeong. I met Sis Kang in the MTc (this computer doesn't let me capitalize c and n for some reason..) and we will go home at the same time, so that's fun :)



These are what we sleep on. I can testify that you can still feel the floor :P


So anyways... On Tuesday we had 2 appointments planned, but one didn't show up, so that was strange. But we later found out she is sick and can't answer the phone, or something, sooo. Yeah. I don't know how sick she really is though, 'cuz Koreans go to the hospital for colds, soo... Anyways.
On Wednesday we had our last District Meeting of the transfer, and then ate at a sushi buffet. now that I think about it, we ate a lot this past week. :P

The lady who teaches Taekwondo and who I just LOVE. Man. I miss her.

Thursday was transfer call day... In the morning we had service, and for the rest of the day we basically only deep cleaned our house the whole time. Usually transfer calls start after 9:00 at night, but Pres Barrow apparently decided to start early, and he called Sis Hurley to inform her that she is going to train! I'm not too surprised, I bet she will do really good. She's worried though, because all the incoming missionaries are from America, Australia, and  new Zealand. So, no Korean :P SO, she has to understand everything :P I'm sure she'll do great though. But because of that, we had a lot of
preparation to do. Lots of planning and cleaning, and also because I was about to leave, lots of meeting people :P So we were pretty busy.
Our Last District

Friday morning we sent all my luggage, then had lunch with some members, then met an investigator, and then a less active :P Saturday we ran some errands, planned, had English class, taught some girls for the first time that are interested in the church, and then had another meal appointment with some other members at a meat buffet. SO FULL. Still.

Sunday was really cool, because one of our investigators came to church :D That doesn't happen often. Admittedly, she only came because she loves me and Sis Hurley (she made it clear she likes us more than religion :P), but she came, so that was exciting. I gave a small talk during Sacrament meeting, because that's what we do when we leave :P So she was there for that, so cool :) After church we did more planning, and while we were doing that, a referal from Seoul contacted us and wanted to meet in a few minutes, so we went to the church and met her. She was really cool, I'm sad I won't be able to meet with her more. She actually got to meet a lot of the members too, because there was a special dinner for a lady in our branch moving, and for the missionaries leaving. So that was cool :P Ate lots of food, and got to say goodbye to everyone.
Saying goodbye to Sis Hurley :(

This morning was a blur of hurrying to pack up the rest of my stuff and clean up as much as possible, and then we travelled to Busan. I'm really going to miss Sis Hurley and Shinjeong, but I know everything will work out :) Every time I told people I was going to Tongyeong and Geoje, they said it was really pretty, and from the drive here, it seems so :) Geoje is actually a big island, and so I'm right around the beach and stuff. cool beans. :P I'm not sure, but this might be my last area before I go home... hmm. Who knows. I might move again.
Sis Kang is the one next to me :)

Man. I'm so grateful to be a missionary... My time is definitely winding down and going by really fast, but I'm learning so much. Something I was thinking about today is that I'm learning how to trust the Lord, because this all is definitely not about what I want, but what the Lord wants. I know now that there's a reason we are sent to wherever we are sent to, and all that we experience can help us
progress. There are things I want that I might not necessarily get, but His plans are honestly a lot better than mine :P

Anyways, I hope you all have a good week. You should look up pictures of my area, it's pretty nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment