September 22, 2015

June 28, 2015

Things here are honestly going much the same. The problems I am having with Sis Kang aren't cultural or language, it's mostly personality, I think, and I just can't talk to her about it because of said personality, so. I basically just endure her bad moods :P But it is teaching me a great deal about patience and how to treat people kindly irregardless of what you feel like saying :P Don't worry, it's not all bad. If she's in a good mood, things between us are pretty fun and all that. It is just.. how often is the good mood? :P
 
So anyways. We figured out my foreigner card, so that's all good, except I had to pay $60 for them to write a date in marker on my card... sigh. SO, all my money is down the drain, I HAD a reserve fund, but. Well. Ah. We spend so much money on travel. BUT it's all good, because this week we get our monthly money AND I'll get a refund tomorrow... YAAY! It has been a great experience for the future, I'm sure. :P
 
Tuesday, we had appointments planned, but both cancelled.  Wednesday was my year mark in KOREA! That lead me to reflect on this past year and all the things that have happened and that I've learned. Something that I was thinking about was that before I started my mission and during the beginning few months, I thought I didn't necessarily have to go on a mission, that if I didn't go, it would be completely fine. And in a sense, that is true. My life was fine before, and going good places. But now, I can see how much I really needed to go on a mission. The lessons and skills I am learning here are so important, and my understanding has deepened so much. So, I can see how God has guided my life. Yes, without a mission I would have been "fine", but God is pretty smart and I think He knew there was a "good" and a "better" path for me to take, and a mission was the "better". That's why it is so important to trust Him. He has better ideas than me :P haha.
 
Behold....Shrimp Eyes!
So anyways. Wednesday we threw a little surprise party for Elder Affleck, which was mostly just putting balloons up and eating donuts while having a meeting :P YEEAH. Missionaries know how to party hard ;)
 
Sunday was pretty cool. We attended in Geoje, where it is exceedingly small in number :P So, one guy who was supposed to give a talk wasn't there, so Sis Kang and I gave improvised talks about missionary work. There's also a Filipino member, so I got to translate the whole meeting into English for him, and in the slang of Elder Affleck, I GOT WRECKED. Translating is so hard :P Then because another member who usually teaches the youth wasn't there, we gave an improvised lesson about answers to prayer. :P YEAH. Twas fun. Later that day, we met a new person who is interested in our English program for her daughters, and she is fine with the message part, which is great :P Yay! 
 
While we were walking, we found a baby bird huddled up close to a building, and there was no nest or mother in sight, so Sis Kang picked it up and we took it to a place where there were more trees and other birds, so hopefully it will be okay :P But it was super cute. 

That's about it. Today we played a card game with the Elders, which was fun. Nothing much else to report... :P

No comments:

Post a Comment