March 26, 2015

December 1, 2014

Things here are going pretty well. I had a bad cold this week, but am mostly over it now. It started on Monday with just a sore throat, and then I felt like dying on Friday and Saturday :P But it's okay. We met a lot of members this week, and not so many investigators because we don't have any anymore in Haeundae (which is extremely depressing :'(  ) But we met with some new people in Gwangan! So that's good! Gwangan is exploding with new things while Haeundae is kind of dead. :/ Uh oh. But we are trying to find more people in Haeundae... we have a lot of potential investigators, but nothing solid yet.  Ah! But it's okay. 

Gwangan Bridge

Busan Area. Haeundae to the right and Gwangan to the left
Anyways. This week, one of the new people we met was this recent college graduate who lived in America for 10 years, so she's basically American and she actually believes in Christianity and has studied a lot. It was such an interesting lesson for us because it was mostly in English (though in the future we'll probably do more Korean), and she has such a strong belief! That's just not usual. We left that appointment thinking "oh. That's what it must be like to be a missionary in America." Haha. She's awesome though! She is just a reaaaaaaally good investigator. She's so willing to talk about things and express her opinions and read and study, it's awesome. I'm super excited to meet with her more. The other new person is actually Chinese, and is studying at a college nearby. So now we have 2 Chinese investigators! It makes communication interesting. I'm not sure how we are going to teach lessons to her yet... Haha. Probably with a dictionary on hand :P

Sister Walker and her trainer, KimGyuRi

me and Sis Hingano! :) we had yummy food together
This week we did exchanges with the other sisters in our zone :) So I went to Daeshin with Sister Walker, who is still training (she's in her second transfer), and Sis Hingano went back to our area with KimGyuRi. It was really fun and interesting. My cold was starting to come on in ernest, but I was still fine. I was able to relate really well with her because I only so recently finished training, and she has been feeling a lot of the things I felt when I was trained. So I hope I helped her. She definitely was very open with me and her feelings, so that was good. She has had some BIG family issues recently, and so we talked a lot about that. She's going through a rough time because of that, but her heart is in the right place, she's a really good person. With all that though, we ended up talking before going to bed, and we only went to bed at midnight.... aaaaaah. I was super tired ('cuz of my cold) but I just let her talk because I think she just really needed to let out some pent up thoughts and feelings and just talk. So I let her, and tried to help her. The next day we had a Zone Meeting, during which Sis Hingano and I were in charge of a teaching practice thingy. It was pretty fun, though I was really tired :P 

A RIDICULOUS hill that I climbed with Sister Walker... it was hard
  The lunch we had after zone meeting :) it was good :D
  Oh right, THURSDAY was THANKSGIVING! :) On that day, we actually went to a concert, which was weird. It was an orchestra concert that a member invited us to, and we got permission, sooo. Haha. It was awesome, because the orchestra played movie soundtracks. The last one was a mash up of a bunch of John Williams music, which was my favorite :) After we got home, we ordered some chicken and had our Thanksgiving dinner :P


This is how we celebrated, haha. as you can see, we had "turkey, mashed potatoes, and pie" :P
The only other interesting thing we have done is today we went back to that cliff/ocean side I sent pictures from before, but this time we went as a district, and we went the WHOLE way, rather than just about 1/4 of it. So it took us a few hours and was a hike, but I really enjoyed it. It was a little chilly, but the water was clear and pretty :) I'm also pretty sure I could see Japan... And I'm not kidding! It was way in the distance, but there is no way something that size was just a random island. Sweeeeeeet :) Sis Hingano had a hard time hiking 'cuz she doesn't do stairs and hills well, but we managed, and she was happy when she accomplished it.
Twas fun! :)
Gwangan bridge and skyline


Pictures from the cliffs we went to today. Fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment