March 26, 2015

November 17, 2014

I thought of a few things that would be nice for Christmas. Ibuprofen. I don't trust Korean medicine stores or doctors very much :P It's different. Also, my ears have been super irritating and itching. I'm doing my best to keep them clean and such, but if there is any sort of lotion for super dry skin like that, or something, that would be niiiiiiice. :P
 
So this week was a little unusual. All of our appointments except for LeeGumHee cancelled :P Oooops. But we also got a lot of new contacts and an astounding number of referals too (usually we got none... this week we got 2!). We also got some requests from members to visit some less active members, one who we already met with, and was super nice :) So hopefully we will be meeting with a lot of new people soon. Which is good, because our number of investigators is starting to dwindle... We are going to drop at least 2 more investigators, sooooo. We'll need more :P Speaking of LeeGumHee, we will see tomorrow if she will continue meeting with us. We have been doing the 6 week English program with her, and the 6 weeks is up tomorrow, sooo we'll see if she wants to continue meeting for Gospel-only lessons. I'm really not sure what will happen with her. I hope sooooooo badly that she will continue meeting us, I really love her and she has such good questions all the time and I can really tell she thinks about what we say... But she also super likes English, and reading the Book of Mormon is hard, as well as praying. She's just very confused, and I want to help her so bad. We are praying so hard for her! AAh!! At the very least though, I can definitely say we have fulfilled our end. As missionaries, we have the responsibility to teach with the Spirit, and thus give people the opportunity to feel the Spirit and choose. We've had some really good lessons with her, so I feel good that at least we have done all we could, and now it's up to her. 
 
This past week we also got a lot of member love and had 2 meal appointments (last transfer we hardly had any). It was pretty fun, the members are all very sweet. Some are eccentric, but still fun.
Thursday this week was kind of pathetic. We had THREE appointments planned, but ALL fell out. Good thing we have back up plans :P A lot of our extra time this week was filled with various choir practices, because on Saturday there was a big Busan music thingy where all the Busan Wards came together and did various musical pieces. So, because we are missionaries AND cover 2 wards, we had 3 different songs we had to practice. There was a missionary one that went really well ("If the Savior Stood Beside Me"). The one that Gwangan did was kind of funny, because it was mostly "ooooooh, aaaaaah, look its fall! there are leaves! Look, it's fall!!" (translated). And that ward is a lot of older people who can't sing on pitch very well, so sometimes I had to supress giggles. It was fun though. And then Haeundae has a lot of musically talented people, and we did this really intense song. It was SO HIGH. I am NOT a soprano, but I astounded myself with how well I could hit some of those ridiculously high notes. :P Still. My throat is not happy with me. I think I'll stick to alto. Twas a fun night. Some of the other pieces were really pretty, or really funny. One ward's youth did a dance, and it was really funny because some of the Elders participated, and it was from the High School Musical movie thingy. SO funny. Anyways.
 
Yesterday, we made some cookies and delivered them to an old woman in our ward whose husband died last week. It was really sad, because when we arrived she and her daughter had been crying. We tried our best to help and comfort them, but there's just not much you can say about stuff like that. Sis. Hingano is so sweet and gave them hugs. Ah. Heart wrenching. 
 
That's about it. A few things I was thinking about this week was how much I've already changed. When I think back to when I was training, and to where I am now, it's quite different. It's difficult to explain, but I'm definitely learning and growing a lot. Another thing I was thinking about that I really like was from an old church Liahona magazine that I inherited from Sis Bussio when she left :P There was this really good article about enduring the the end and such, and the author shared a story about how he took over his father's business after he died, and he always prayed to try to know what to do to help the business. As he did that, he never felt like he got much direction or guidance, and usually just ended up doing what he thought was best and moving on. This really frustrated him, but one night he had a dream with his dad in it, in which he was all "some guidance would be really nice here!" and his dad said something like "honestly, we don't care much about the business up here." the essence of it was that what we have and experience does not matter as much as what we BECOME through those things. It was just really thought provoking. 
 
For me and my mission, I suppose it would be easy to go and come back much the same. But that would be a waste. Whether I have a lot of investigators or none, or WHATEVER, it doesn't matter nearly as much as what I learn through the experiences that I am given. This applies to any part of life. It doesn't matter if a business is successful or not, as long as we learn though it and become better because of whatever experiences we have. It's just interesting.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment