March 29, 2015

January 19, 2015

Things here are pretty good. Crazy how fast time flies! This is the last week of the transfer, so next Monday I might be somewhere else :P. The Gwangan English class thinks I'll leave, so they took us out to eat. Haha. They got us samgyetang, which is a whole chicken in a soup stuffed with rice. It's good, though kind of expensive compared to other Korean foods. They are all just funny :P
Samgyetang

On Wendesday, everyone had an interview with the mission president, and it went well. He didn't give me any hints if I am going to transfer or not :P haha. That day we also visited a member who is in the hospital... It was super sad. She couldn't really communicate or move at all. ah.
On Thursday, we tried to visit someone who is not coming to church anymore. She lives really far away, and when we got there, turns out her work was closed on Thursdays, which was how others have visited her in the past :P Soooooo. We at least learned the business hours :P. 

As skit we did a few weeks ago
On Friday, we had a district meeting, and then went to eat together (tofu soup). As we were heading back to the church, we had to run across the street before the crosswalk changed to red, and soon after that I noticed my nametag was missing :( So later we backtracked to see if we could find it, and we did!! I was excited, but the pin on the back was broken (maybe it got stepped on?), so we had to tape it together for the rest of the day :P haha. But because of that, I invented the greatest thing ever. At the MTC, we had really cool magnetic nametags, but in Korea we can't get that kind, it's just the pin ones or suit pocket ones. So I took one of my old MTC ones, popped off the magnet, and the pin on the broken one, then glued it to the one that used to have the pin. (it was the same glue that permanently zipped my boot, by the way:P) Muahaha. I'm so proud of myself. The magnets are so much better. 
Anyways, we went to Gijang (??), which is part of our Haeundae area, but it is really big and far, so we don't have much chance to go there. We visited some members which I enjoyed :)
Today we had a zone PDay, where we went to hike along the sea, though this was a different area than I've been to before. It was pretty fun and beautiful, and we ate at a sushi buffet at the end. :) Yay food!
That's really about it. Though I did find a verse I really liked. It was D&C 64:32-34. It's just really good. Kind of a summation of several things I've learned/am learning :P
 32. But all things must come to pass in their time.
 33. Wherefore, be not weary in well-doing, for ye are laying the foundation of a great work. And out of small things proceedeth that which is great.
 34. Behold, the Lord requireth the heart and a willing mind; and the willing and obedient shall eat the good of the land of Zion in these last days.

No comments:

Post a Comment