March 29, 2015

December 15, 2014


Things here are going good! My 5th transfer has started today! Wooo! I've been in Korea for approximately 6 months now. Craziness! Sister Hingano is on her way home now, and so I'm still sister training leader in Haeundae and Gwangan, and my new companion is Sister Kim Yeonseob (김연섭), who was just companions with Sister Stratton! Haha, cool stuff. And get this. Sister Hill and Sister Stratton are going to train this transfer and next! So they don't know who their trainee will be yet, because those people are arriving tomorrow and such. I'm super excited for them, though they are both really nervous, ahaha. I'm sure they well do great.

Anyways. This last week with Sister Hingano was good. Man, I'm going to miss her. She's a really good person, and she has soooooooooooooo much love, and is just all around fun :) I'm sad we only got 1 transfer together. I don't remember too much from this week, and I don't have my planner.. haha. So.. The things that stuck out this week was we caroled outside Shinsegae (world's biggest department store) to hand out some of those Christmas cards! It was super fun, and we will do it again, though maybe at the beach or something.
Also this week, we had a meal appointment with a member. I thought it wouldn't be so bad because it was at a restaurant.... but I feel like we got a 3 course meal :P First was some meat that was really yummy and you cook it at your table and eat it with lettuce (good stuff). That on its own would have been a good, filling meal. But then she ordered some kind of soup and rice. Also very good, but that would have been enough for a small meal. And then she also ordered dessert, which was bingsu... shaved frozen milk stuff? I don't know. But we were sooooooooo full. Haha. What's sad though is even though I was stuffed, I was like "Hm. If I had to, I could eat more." This is what Korea has taught me. Haha. I have infinite stomach capacity potential. :P Haha. 
Everyone in my district got new companions, so it is really different this transfer. There will only be 3 foreigners, and the other 5 are Korean. Something funny happened this transfer with Elder Lees, who was trained in Gwangan and did 3 transfers here; he just got transfered to Haeundae. Haha. He didn't go far. :P However, there are only 2 foreigners in Gwangan, and 2 in Haeundae ('cuz of me :P) and so we aren't sure what we are going to do with our English classes.... we usually need 3 in one area to maintain it... eh. whatever. We'll figure it out.

Anyways, things are good here. we have a lot going on in Gwangan, though Haeundae is still kinda dead... :P We are hoping to find more people soon. I'm excited to serve with Sister Kim Yeonseob, she seems like fun :) She has only been a missionary for 2 transfers longer than I have, so it's my first time with a companion who is going to actually STAY!
I'm glad to be here. Today we had a transfer meeting where all the missionaries going home give a short testimony about whatever they want to say about what they learned on their mission, and I always love listening to them. You can just really see how much their missions have meant to them and how much they have learned. Something that I noticed is that even though they have all had different, unique experiences, there's one theme that recurs. It's that no matter how weak or inadequate we feel or are, God loves us, and He sent Jesus Christ to help us; and if we come unto Him, those weak and inadequate things don't matter. We can overcome them and become better people because of the Atonement. It just all revolves around love. It's easy to think, "how could He love me, while I am so small, weak, and make so many mistakes?" But again, those things don't matter. It's our potential that does, and He knows we have infinite potential to become better, if we just LISTEN, haha. Anyways. I just really liked transfer meeting today.

No comments:

Post a Comment