March 29, 2015

January 12, 2015

This week we had zone meeting, and as sister training leaders, we gave a talk. It was pretty fun, and it went well, though I think I needed to learn what we were talking about more than anyone else there :P haha, it was "finding", which I am SO bad at. :P  I did learn a lot through preparing for it though. I particularly liked D&C 100:3-8, because it is soo applicable as a missionary.
 3. Behold, and lo, I have much people in this place, in the regions round about; and an effectual door shall be opened in the regions round about in this eastern land.
 4. Therefore, I, the Lord, have suffered you to come unto this place; for thus it was expedient in me for the salvation of souls.
 5. Therefore, verily I say unto you, lift up your voices unto this people; speak the thoughts that I shall put into your hearts, and you shall not be confounded before men;
 6. For it shall be given you in the very hour, yea, in the very moment, what ye shall say.
 7. But a commandment I give unto you, that ye shall declare whatsoever thing ye declare in my name, in solemnity of heart, in the spirit of meekness, in all things.
 8. And I give unto you this promise, that inasmuch as ye do this the Holy Ghost shall be shed forth in bearing record unto all things whatsoever ye shall say.
This week we also did exchanges. We decided that it would be good for Sis Walker to leave her area and come over here, and Sis KimYeonSeob felt like she should go to the other area, so I was with Sis Walker again, and it was really fun. She's a really good missionary, and the English class loved her, haha.
On Friday, we visited an ooooooold Haeundae member, she's so funny. Every time we see her, she talks about how all the missionaries love her because she speaks really clearly and slowly. She thinks Korean has no grammar, and so it is really hard for foreigners to understand... haha, it is hard to understand, but I think it has more grammar rules than English :P but of course we just agreed with everything she said. She was just super cute.

Aerial shot of Busan. Gwangan on the left and Haeundae on the right

Famous Gwangan Bridge
There's not too much going on right now, mostly because we only have 2 investigators. Everyone either dropped us, won't contact us, are too busy, or we are waiting for them to not be busy.... next month. Haha. Soooooo, we've had a lot more free time than usual. So we've gotten some projects in mind that we are trying to work on. One is the area map on our wall, it is such trash and is almost falling off and is not clearly marked, so we scanned the map again and will put it up soon. We also want to make some street/sticker boards for "religious proselyting". We do a lot of sticker boards for English class, and it works really well, but we don't really have any church-based posters that are any good, so we want to make some new ones.
Yesterday was pretty cool, because we went to a member's house with a recent convert; his family opposed him joining the church. So we ate some really yummy Vietnamese food (we had rice paper, which you soak in water to make it soft, and then you wrap up some different kinds of fillings in it), and just talked with them. It seemed to do a lot of good for that family to help them realize we are not crazy :P Cool stuff.
Nothing much else going on, though I did accidentally glue my boot's zipper shut. haha. the zipper tab thingy had fallen off, so I got some really strong glue to glue it back on... turns out there was a hole in the zipper, so the glue seeped down onto the actual zipper. ooops. Fortunetly, I did it with the zipper all the way shut, so I can still squeeze them on, haha. But it was one of those "man I am so stupid" moments. :P
Anywayyyys. I can't believe it's week 5 already! next week is the last week of the transfer, and I'm still debating if I think I'll leave or not... This is my 3rd transfer in Gwangan/Haeundae, and usually missionaries only stay for 3 or 4, soooo we'll see soonish :P

No comments:

Post a Comment