March 20, 2015

November 3, 2014

One short transfer with Sister Bussio. I learned a lot!
Things here are pretty good right now. I think I forgot to mention last time that last week was the last week of the transfer, so today is the start of a new transfer! And guess what! I have a new companion! :P Haha. Sister Bussio got transfered to another city, and she's pretty bummed about it. She only has 1 transfer left in her whole mission, and she would have preferred spending it in Gwangan and Haeundae. So now I am with Sister Hingano, who is from Hawaii :) She's pretty fun. I met her while in Daegu, so I'm pretty excited to serve with her. However, she will also go home at the same time as Sis Bussio, so we don't know what will happen to this area. Either Gwangan and Haeundae will close, or I will be here for 3 transfers. Who knows :P I'm hoping it doesn't close, but 4 areas had to close today because so many sisters just went home. OH. And me and Sis Hingano are "Sister Training Leaders". They are like the sister version of zone leaders, but we don't do as much as them :P It just means we go on exchanges with the other sisters in the zone (and in our zone there is only 1 other set of sisters, so that'll be easy :P) and maybe speak during zone meetings :P So it'll be pretty fun! 
 
This is my first time being the only one who knows where stuff is, so that's interesting! Usually I just followed people around :P But now I have to know where things are :P
This past week has been pretty good. Sis Bussio was really stressed because she hates transfer call week, and she was quite devasted when we got called on Thursday night. Like sobbing-on-the-floor kind of devastated. So I did what I could to comfort her... It was interesting :P But fine. She became so emotionally drained by Thursday and Friday that she didn't do much crying Saturday and Sunday. I was pretty proud of her :P It would probably be pretty rough. I'm not much of a crier though.. But she'll be great in her new area. She is a very diligent missionary, so I don't worry. 
Fooooooood!!!
 
Anyways. So last week was really quite uneventful. We weren't as busy as usual, because appointments got cancelled and someone dropped us. Sister Bussio was able to say goodbye to some of our investigators, which was rough for her, and also for the investigators. But they'll keep in touch, so it's fine. Oh. On Tuesday we visited that eccentric Gwangan member. She unfortunately had time to cook this week, and we experienced the return of the anchovie rice balls. Ugh. Or was that last last week? I don't know. In any case. We had to eat more of those. 
 
I don't have my old planner with me at the moment, so I honestly can't remember much from this last week. Hm. In English class, some men from Iraq came. They were super friendly and nice, but their accents were too hard for the Korean students :P It was really interesting to talk with them. Anyways. I can't think of very much more... That one investigator who is doing really well is still doing good. We hope she'll continue to progress and be awesome. She understands very well that in order to know if Joseph Smith was a prophet, she has to read the Book of Mormon, so she wants to read it, which is good :) We also have this Chinese investigator (teaching her is an interesting mixture of Korean, English, and Chinese) who says that the Chinese translation of the Book of Mormon is really easy, so she's pretty good about reading it. It's pretty cool :) And one investigator we thought had dropped us contacted us back finally. She had been in a hospital for stress, but now she's better, and she really likes meeting with us enough that she brought a friend :P Pretty cool.
That's about all I can remember.. :P 
 
Overall, things here are good. I'm really glad to be in Gwangan and Haeundae and to have all the experiences I am having. I am learning so much about faith and such. I'm trying to make the most of the time I have here, and do the Lord's will, and be the best missionary I can be :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment