March 29, 2015

December 29, 2014


There's not too much to say about my past week.. Because of Christmas, we weren't able to meet with a lot of people, or didn't want to bother anyone during it, so we did a lot of caroling! Haha. We handed out our whole stack of Christmas cards, about 700. I was quite happy about that. When we first got the cards, I thought there was no way we could hand them all out, but we made a goal, caroled till our throats were sore, and did it! Haha. It helps that I'm white. :P It was funny to observe, but somehow when a foreigner was the one handing out cards, the cards disappeared faster than when the Korean missionaries did. Muahaha. We like to joke about our foreigner powers. 
On Tuesday, all the missionaries in our mission came together for a Christmas party thing. It lasted all day! First we had a sort of meeting with talks about Christ and such from the mission president and others, and then afterwards we ate on the floor. Something I'm noticing is I will probably have a hard time using tables when I come back to America. We always eat on the floor, and it just feels so normal, though I'm pretty sure Americans don't do that... Every morning when I eat breakfast, I eat it on the floor, even though there is a perfectly good desk right next to me :P Somehow my mind has equated eating with sitting on the floor :P It also helps that
Korean houses are heated through the floor, so it's nice and warm :P Anyways. After we ate, we did some performances. Some people danced, or sang, or did skits. It was pretty fun to watch :P And then we got to watch a movie!!!! It's the only time in our whole mission that we get to :P Haha. So we were all pretty excited about it. Hahaha. We watched "Ephraim's Rescue" which is a pioneer movie made by the same people who made "17 Miracles". Good ol' Mormon movies. :P It was a super good movie actually, I really enjoyed it, and recommend it if you haven't seen it. Though I maybe only enjoyed it so much because I haven't seen a movie in 8 months. :P Who knows.

On Christmas morning, we had a small Christmas thingy. Even though I already opened the box my parents sent and knew what it all was, I left it all in the box and didn't unwrap the few things that were wrapped (minus the peanut butter... :P) until Christmas morning. So we drew a Christmas tree on our white board, set everything we had received in front of it, and then opened the wrapped things :P Hahaha. I enjoyed it, and Sis KimYeonSeob liked the journal my parents sent her :) Fun stuff! Then Skyped with my parents and that was awesome. The rest of the day was just normal stuff.
Things are going well here. though we haven't been able to meet with too many people lately due to the holidays. Even though Koreans don't really celebrate Christmas, they get the holiday off, and also New Years is coming up, so a lot of people are going on vacation, or are just busy. :P
Our Christmas Tree
Sister KimYeonSeob with a new Journal

No comments:

Post a Comment