March 19, 2015

September 29, 2014

Things in Gwangan/Haeundae have been going well. We've been pretty busy this week, but I have a feeling we might always feel like we are running around a lot because we are the Sister missionaries for two areas, so we have 2 different wards and different Elders for each area, and each area has English classes, and different investigators in each. Soooo, we have a lot to do :P But it has been pretty fun. We are in a pretty nice area of Busan, if you go to the right area, it's like the richest in Busan. Also in our area is the world's largest department store, which sounds fun to visit... it apparently has a zoo? I dunno if that's right. But it's BIG. 
Shinsegae. World's Largest Shopping Mall
 
Haeundae is also a really big tourist area because of the beach, we are basically right next to the ocean, so that's fun! We even have some islands in our areas, so in future PDays we plan to visit those :) It'll be fun. So anyways, I like where I am at so far. I have met some of the investigators, not all, and they all seem super nice, but not exactly progressing. Sometimes missionaries have a hard time dropping people when they really should, so we might be dropping some of them soon if they don't progress soon. We don't have enough time to visit people who are not truly interested. So that'll be interesting. But we also met with some people who are really cool, and who seem like they are really progressing. Lessons with them went really well, I think.
 
Oh man, let me tell you about Wednesday. That was interesting. So we had an appointment with someone new, it was a lady about 80 years old who wants to learn English, and she has a strong Busan accent, so I couldn't really understand her much. She really doesn't know any English, so we will get to teach her the ABC's :P Haha... I think she wants to meet with us because she's bored? And we are still not convinced she understands who we are and how our English program works... So that'll be an adventure. Anyways, so as we were going to meet her, the afteraffect storms from a typhoon that hit the Phillipines (?) were hitting Korea's coast... which is Busan :P Haha, so we had fun running around and trying not to break our umbrellas in the sudden gusts of wind. It would stop and start to rain ferociously at random points, and the wind was also really random. We got rather wet :P 
 
And so during this lovely storm, we met this grandma and she took us to eat. Along the way, we needed to cross the street, but the crosswalk was too far in either direction for her tastes, so she dragged us across a major street, because Korean grandmas can do whatever they want :P And the place she took us to.... oh my goodness, it was nasty. It was some kind of cafeteria/buffet thing and the food was sooooooo gross. I still can't decide if the seaweed grandma was worse than this. Thankfully she didn't make us get more than what was already on our trays. And naturally if she asks we say "yes yes! it's delicious! I love it! I ate so well! Thanks!" aaaah. Just thinking about it makes me feel nasty. We comforted ourselves with excess amounts of chocolate afterwards. Because Sis Bussio has a thing for candy and sweet things. So we've made several stops to get candy... Haha. Between Sis Sung's ice cream addiction and Sis Bussio's candy and cupcake addiction, I'm going to get fat. :P 
 
Saturday was tough because we have THREE English classes on that day!!! We teach children in the morning, quickly grab something for lunch, then go to the other area and teach another English class. Then we met a Chinese girl who we do 30/30 with, meaning we do half English and half Gospel, and after her we had another English class in Gwangan. So I felt a little bit like going crazy :P It was fairly okay, but I do the advanced classes (because my Korean isn't good enough to teach basic), and there were some really old men in that class who kind of talk too much on whatever they want, so it's hard to get everyone involved and focused. Aaaaaaaaaah. But it'll be great! We get to meet with some really fun people.

It's fun to have an American companion, though I miss Sis Sung. Sis Sung and Bussio are quite different from each other, so I'll learn a lot of different things that I didn't from Sis Sung. I've already learned a lot, and I'm excited to learn more! :) Overall I would say that it has been a good week. It seemed pretty long because I had a lot of new information coming at me, but I am glad to be here. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment